Friday, July 9, 2010

shining in the distance

9 July 2010, Friday
10.10pm.
table for two.
right in the middle of two doors.
a flat white. 

just came out from the Meridian Season of Carmen
by the Royal NZ Ballet.
don't have my usual notebook and black G2 with me.
typing these out with my Silverspoon.

that table over there has a group of seven people.
the other, with two girls,
and beside them are three friends.
right in front of me are two middle-aged couples.
next to them, a couple playing some clapping-hands game.

10.13pm
brrrr...
the right door opens.
an indian couple comes in.

10.16pm
a blonde in boots with a Portsman scarf 
suddenly comes and sits right in front of me.
she keeps her Visa card in her brown purse,
and left.
no smile. no nothing.

10.30pm
a group of three chinese girls got their seats beside me.
the smiles and laughters, they share.

i smile,
and thought to myself.
"ahh.. i'm oh-so-lucky!"
sometimes i have friends to laugh with.
and sometimes, i have 'my time' alone.
 like now.
this is my 'thinking time'.

i think,
i'm missing someone badly.

10.35pm 
the left door opens.
shivers.
brrrr...
i guess it's time for me to go home.

10.37pm
and i left Starbucks.

With love,
Jade

0 comments:

 
;